A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Barns

Barns as we know them will not always be....

They are being replaced with the new metal "pole barns"

I love old barns they have so much character, they all have a story!
Both my mom & dad grew up on farms, 
I love hearing the stories about living on a farm,
The chores, the livestock and the mischief farm kids get themselves into.
A real live old fashion barn, they don't build them like this anymore.
Note the stone foundation, real wood and shingles.
This is one of my Great-uncles barns. 
It sits in the bluffs of southern Minnesota, what you see is all that's left. 
He's been gone along time, his kids still own the land.
 The old barn remains, but by the looks of it, not for long. 
I'm glad I got to see this old barn, just wish I could hear the stories
for now I can only imagine 

3 comments:

  1. Old barns have old memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya! I love old barns too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think old barns are so picturesque. I could imagine some really beautiful photo shoots near some old, falling down barns.

    ReplyDelete