A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A night with my honey...Under the stars

The things Rick & I do now for entertainment are very different from a few year ago.
We look for things out of the ordinary, 
we don't really have to plan anymore,
we can leave at the drop of a hat, 
there are no schedules to keep up with but our own.

Friday night was one of those nights...
We ended up here, at the Rochester (olmsted county) History center
in the outfield of the Rochester roosters ball field!
We weren't here to watch baseball.....

...but we did come to watch a movie under the stars



 That's right, we sat in our lawn chairs (under the stars) and enjoyed a 1955 movie called
"To Catch a Thief" 
never in my life would I have thought to watched this movie
 (in the comfort of my own home),
 but this night I did...
and I enjoyed it! 

I'm sure we will have a few more movie dates 
this summer (under the stars), 
I'm looking forward to a few more that I've never seen.

 click on the link below maybe, you'll want to join us for a date night under the stars!

6 comments:

  1. What a great night! Wish we had that here. I loved that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great evening (and a terrific movie). Such fun to do those kind of things. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this idea. I have vague memories of my small hometown showing movies on the side of a building when I was growing up. My daughter goes to movies outdoors in the summer in south Minneapolis. Owatonna has them. I'd love to see these in Faribault, shown in our Central Park.

    I totally understand where you're coming from on doing different things than you would have in past years. We'll soon be empty nesters, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely evening Jackie. We went to a drive in movie last year, but it wasn't nearly as romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something my hubby would love. I wonder if they have anything lik ethat in Buffalo? I may have to google it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for posting this! We went to a few of the outdoor movies a couple years ago, but I hadn't checked into the schedule for this year. I'm hoping to get to one with Luke:)

    ReplyDelete