A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

I should be sleeping

4am....cant sleep!
Looking out my living room window on this early morning prompted me to post a blog. 
It's eerie looking out there with a dense fog looming over the neighborhood, it looks like the movie set of a creepy film that takes place in the streets of London. I'm half expecting to see a dark figure in a black overcoat walking down the street.... It's ghastly out there  
Speaking of ghastly, as Halloween nears, my imagination
 is stirring up thoughts of "Elm street", I'm just glad we live on a "lane".  
Anyway enough about the spooky scene outside my window.

On my recent drive in the country, just a few miles from my home I ran across a cemetery 
that I hadn't yet scene, as most of you know I'm quite intrigued by old cemeteries.

Othello cemetery

 This one was very cool, only one way in...and out. 

I was saddened to see so many tombstones broken and fallen over.
Not sure if it's just aged stones, or vandalism. Regardless, it's just sad to me 

 The names were gone from  many of the markers
apparently no family around to see to their up keep.

 The old swing gate, made of metal, heavy with an unsecure padlock.

Such a pretty little country cemetery

4 comments:

  1. The fog is pretty spooky out there this morning.
    I've never seen that cemetery either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are many yet to be found mom :)

      Delete
  2. I wasn't awake at 4 a.m. today, but earlier than I should be on a Saturday.

    I, too, enjoy exploring country cemeteries for their peacefulness, history, art and natural beauty.

    Now I need to peer outside and see if it's foggy here in Faribault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you couldn't sleep. That's not fun. at. all. Way to be productive though!

    ReplyDelete