A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh well.... it looked good in the picture

For my first post of the new year I thought about looking back over the last year
 and hitting some of my highlights, but I couldnt resist
 sharing with you our sort of funny New years eve....
For 30 year's Rick and I have spent new years eve with other people, we aren't the go out and party type so It's usually in a home with games and some sparkling cider to cheer the new year in. 
Last night was odd.... no one was here but Rick and I which was fine.... just odd!

We decided to hit up Les Miserables at the theater and then just head home to relax. 
It was now10pm, almost my bedtime.
I relaxed about 10 minutes then decided we needed to carry on our new year eve tradition with snacks and games...then I remembered that bottle of wine on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator .
Neither one of us Love the taste of wine but it's been in the fridge since this summer, it was a gift from our neighbor brought back from the Netherlands and after all it was New Year's eve  :)

This is the funny part..... 
Rick and I don't own a cork screw, not even on the end of a pocket knife....ha
Guess this wine will just have to continue to age in the fridge!
Our replacement drink was a bit of bubbly diet sierra mist
which I might add was quite refreshing!

It was a good night, different...but good, 
and yes we made it to midnight to welcome in the New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY, 
MAY THIS YEAR BRING YOU ABUNDANT BLESSINGS, GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS


6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. You have just had your first empty nest New Year celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Randy and I spent our New Year's Eve at home watching a public television show about the Titanic, then watched the ball drop at 11 p.m. before heading off to bed. I should mention that both of us nodded off while watching the Titanic show. At one point I said, "We are pathetic." And we laughed.

    I brought him a slice of banana cream pie at some point.

    Sounds like you had the perfect New Year's celebration with your sweetie. Happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Jackie! Sometimes, "different" is just perfect!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the giggle Audrey, Rick would have much rather had the banana pie than the cheese & crackers :)

      Delete
  3. Jackie, Sounds like your New Year's Eve was nice, with or without the wine. Hope you have a wonderful 2013 filled with much joy, peace, and many blessings. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you made the night special even when it's just the two of you at home together:)

    ReplyDelete