A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

A beautiful day for the zoo

This grandma needed a one-on-one kind of day with my granddaughter !
 I asked her daddy if I could have her for the day....he said yes :)
(Her mamma is working this weekend)

It really was a lovely day, mild temps and no wind, 
a great day to go to the outside zoo, just a few miles west of our home. 
Audrey is giving me the "thumbs up" in this photo

Feeding the donkey some snow

and the goat

Watching the Eagles
We got through the exhibits fairly quickly, spending some time indoors 
as well checkin' out the snakes :)

When we got back to the house Audrey requested that we stay outside and play.
Playing on the giant hill that the snow plow made.

It didn't take long for Uncle Gavin to join in on the fun 
(believe me, he's way more fun)
Up up and away, 
 Audrey wanted him to throw her over and over again!

I love that happy little face, she is such a joy!
I didn't get any pictures of Grandpa and Audrey sledding in the front yard
that was her "grandpa time" 

I have a feeling this little one will be ready for bed early tonight, after an afternoon 
 of fresh air and energy burned from climbing snow mountains  :)




8 comments:

  1. What a fun day for Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun day! Thanks for taking her to the zoo! I love the pictures of her sweet smiling face. She fell asleep really quickly, after saying, Mama, I think I'm ready for some rest now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was outside for about 2 1/2 hours straight, lots of fresh air make a little one sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie you are my giveaway winner! I'll be posting tomorrow but I wanted to let you know! Please contact me with your address! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was Grandma equally as tired? That's my question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Grandma was a little tired :) But I had a nice reprieve while she was having "grandpa time"

      Delete