A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The weather Guy liked my Crocus photo.

During the Spring/summer months, our local weather man features a photo 
submitted by viewers for the "Garden Gallery" segment of the weather cast.  
He chooses from photos that are submitted to the KTTC website
 and one of them is shown every night during the 6pm news. 
 Guess whose photo was chosen to be in the first Garden Gallery of the season.... Mine!
The winner gets a $10 gift certificate from Sargent's nursery here in Rochester. 
I didn't actually see it on TV Monday night, but a couple "friends" on facebook
 (who happened to be watching the news) posted this picture, to congratulate me!  
It's just something to do for fun, I didn't expect to be chosen, 
but I appreciate the bonus $10 that I can put toward a new plant of some sort  :)

The original....

11 comments:

  1. That's so fun that your's got chosen. Those are the prettiest little flowers and of course, you photograph them so well! I think you and Randy B. should be BFFs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little flowers, they dont last long but they sure are pretty while they are there. Randy B, and I are BFF's, he sent me 2 personal emails like we were buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dose Rick know about you and RB?
    Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he knows mom, no worries wink wink

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Very fun! I love Sargents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I look at it as $10 off anything I buy there, nice bonus!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Jackie! Your photos are always breath taking. I'm sure you will find something beautiful for your garden (please share with us what you pick out). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I really enjoy photography, still learning though :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Jackie. I'm not surprised your photo was chosen. You are a talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Thanks Audrey, It's always fun to submit and see if you win....glad when I did. I'll be heading to Sargents Nursery this afternoon to pick up my winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:36 PM

    So proud of you!! That is AWESOME!! And well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete