A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Cows and apples and mom

I have always wanted to stop and take this picture on the way out to 
my mom & dad's house south of Rochester. 
It was a perfect day, a crisp and cold morning in the country
 You could see the steam from the cows mouths, 
as they were all huddled at the feeding trough.

and then there's the tree with apples still on it (just down the street from mom's house)
....kinda pretty against the snow.

Oh, and it was my mama's birthday....
 Happy birthday Mom :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the cows pic with the steam rising from their faces:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too jen, sometimes there are a few cows actually standing in the trough's...that looks so funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks daughter for the great morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a good day. (Brother) Rick and I get all the points, right ?

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your dear mama, Jackie. So glad you could spend time with her on her special day.

    As for that bovine photo, I'm glad you finally stopped. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those "bovine", it's a little scary stopping on the hiway....yes the cows are right off hwy 52. Just a small shoulder and the cars are whizzing by about 70 mph.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Really pretty pictures but way too early to be seeing so much cold and white. Birthdays are fun.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always glad to see snow in November...but that's just me :0

      Delete
  6. Love the photos Jackie! It makes me a little sad about the snow and the apples, but the red is really pretty against the snow. I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating your Mom!

    ReplyDelete