A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving Birthday....

Thankful to be waking up to another birthday.

My dear husband drove to Brueggers to get me a yummy bagel for breakfast.
I decided a few years back not to complain about my age when I read the inside of a birthday card that said "not all get the privilege of turning another year older"
It is a privilege isn't it! 
Although my oldest brother Rick reminded me that I am now officially in my LATE 50's.... 
Thanks Rick 

Love my husband home-made card and the Elmo gift wrap
But I especially love the gift he gave me for my birthday....

Loon Lake filling station
such a coincidence. 
Our cabin is on Long Lake (but has a lot of loons) and....
On our property where the garage now sits used to be a 
little store with a gas pump, so I love the similarities of this little gem!

on the side sits an old boat, I love that.
Oh, and did you notice the snow..... the best!!!

Ok, so enough about my birthday that happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year

My sweet mom, hosted as she always does.
30 people showed up and she doesn't skip a beat.
Buttering the lefsa
My sister, adds the sugar and rolls....uff da
Tables full of all the people we love
Good food, everyone brings something

It was a beautiful November afternoon,
warm enough to get out doors and enjoy it
My youngest Gavin, kicking the football. 
(Inspired after watching a Vikings, WIN)

Carson and 2nd cousin Eli, playing in the sandbox

Granddaughter Audrey (on fence) and my grand nieces Abby & Runey

My Dad always looks for opportunities to play with the kids.
I love that My grandkids know their great-grandparent well!

My sweet daughter and grands Brought a birthday cookie just for me.

I'm thankful for many things, my family is at the top of the list!
Such a blessing to share this day with so many that I love.
My twin cities kids and grands were at the other family this year, 
but I still got a video chat from them, with 3 year old Scarlett singing a rendition of "Happy Birthday" 



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jackie, what a perfect birthday, surrounded by those you love. And what thoughtful gifts from the handmade card and fitting gas station to the cookie and video chat.

    Happy birthday and many more, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day, thanks my friend.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun day. I love Dad’s cute gift and card!

    ReplyDelete