A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

We shop til we drop...

A few times a year I offer to hang out with my 15 year old niece so that 
her Mom (my sister) and Dad can get away for a weekend. 

I love hanging out with J. 
We have a love for shopping and we usually make a day of it, shopping till we drop.
Many trips to the fitting rooms for J

Another favorite stop for us is "Ulta" a giant makeup/beauty store.
This nice make-up lady offered to  "Pop" my eyes!
I learned a few fun techniques from her.

Before we headed home J. talked me into
  driving her to the Humane society so she could pet the animals.
I can't really say no to this girl.

We had left that morning at 9:30 a.m. and didn't return home until about 5:00 p.m.
We only came home because the family dog Ruby needed to be let out and fed.
and well... she needed to have a little attention too.
 Can you see Ruby snuggled up against my foot.
  

Did I mention that J. and I also like to eat....
J. likes talking me places that I've not been before or places I love that Rochester doest have.

This was lunch on Saturday in Maple Grove. 
One of my favorite restaurants is "Granite City"
We both needed take-home boxes 

This was lunch on Sunday....
 A new place for me called "yum"

 and YES, it was "yum" 

 We both had an order of these little burgers and shared and order of fries.
Each burger was 3.5 bites  :)

 Did I mention Starbucks and Caribou?
We do those too  :)

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my weekend with J. as we went to check out the 
Art Shanty Village on Lake Harriet.

4 comments:

  1. What fun to spend this time with your niece. I bet she had as much fun as you did.

    I can't wait for the Art Shanty post. I want to see those. One of these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweet girl, I enjoy spending time with her. Hope to post the Art shanty visit soon :)

      Delete
  2. You’re such a fun and good auntie!

    ReplyDelete