A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, April 30, 2018

How did I not know about this place?

On a recent road trip, traveling the snowy country roads of  rural Hastings Mn, 
Rick and I came upon a treasure, how did I not know about this place?
As we followed the signs to this "Little log House", my heart began to race as things came into sight.


We slowed to read the signs at he entrance of the village. One read, "Private property"
A car coming the other directions stopped and the man at the wheel
 rolled his window down to talk to us. 
He wondered if we were perhaps looking for someone named Tom. Ha Ha, "no, I said, actually we are admiring this village and were wondering if we dared to drive in and check it out". 

The man in the car was Steve, the guy who created this little village.
He told us he was the owner and we were welcome to go on in and check it out.
so we did

The owner Steve Bauer, is the creator of this unique restored village.
The History of the "Little Log House" and the village to follow is captivating.
Read Steve's story HERE

Lots of antique farm equipment.

Lots of old cars and windmills.

The village is only open to the public once a year!
If you want to tour this little village, mark your calendars for the last full weekend of July. 
Steve told us to be sure to come back in July, the village will be bustling with people, 
vendors, fun events, live music and food.
Read about the event HERE

The village is mostly booked for private events like weddings, 
and other celebrations such a reunions, anniversaries.
I believe this is the original steeple from the Historic St. Boniface Church that sits in the village, 
This photo taken form google images
The church is used for many weddings that take place in the village.
The church restoration and rebuild is so interesting... you can read about it HERE



Porky's, 
did you notice the B & W squad car in the parking lot.


I love this view as we left the village, it's literally out in the middle of nowhere.
I hope Rick and I can return in late July to enjoy this village and all the excitement at it's once a year 
open to the public event.


2 comments:

  1. I am seriously super jealous. I have heard of this place, but tend to not like large crowds. But to get that personal tour. Wow. Like you, I would have been in heaven. What a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing the crowd will be large that one weekend in July, but I think we might try to go anyway. It is a very large area that and well spread out. I'm anxious to see the garden that Steve's wife does, From photo's I have seen they are beautiful!

      Delete