A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

So Yesterday....

... despite the 6 inches of snow we received the day/night before, 
Rick and I decided a "road trip" was overdue and much needed!
 We love to travel off-the-beaten-path, so we expected the roads would be less them perfect.
For the most part the roads were great, the winter Spring beauty was superb!

An old barn make-over. 
Some one has made this old barn into a beautiful home, I only wish I could see the inside.

 We made our way to Hastings, MN 
 A small river town of about 23,000 located in southern Minnesota.
Historic downtown is laced with beautiful old buildings & unique architecture.
A photographers dream. 

 On our drive we went through the village of Welch.
I'm guessing that long ago this was perhaps a school.

*  *  *  *  *
Memories came to us as we drove by Welch ski village.
As teenagers, Rick and I used to ski here,.
 We were avid skiers back then, and later introduced skiing to our kids.  
Eventually we made it to the mountains of Colorado to ski as a family.... it all started here  :)

 I Love to photograph old barns... 
This one will go in the books as one of my new favorites.
Do you see the black cow lookin' at me? I also love the contrasting green tractor, 
and the cupola that sits on top of the barn roof.  
I'm captivated with this one 

Stay tuned for more road trip fun.......




2 comments:

  1. I can see why that barn image is one of your new favorites. I like everything about it, including the contrasts you note. Beautiful beautiful photo.

    And, yes, I understand the need for a road trip because I seriously NEED one. After missing Izzy's birthday party last weekend, I am in need of something to lift my spirits. Maybe this weekend, with temps predicted to be in the glorious 50s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missing a grandchild birthday is hard I'm sure, I'm glad you had that special time with Izzy before her birthday, but still.....

      Delete