A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Father's Day.....

We celebrated Father's Day at the cabin this year... just Rick and I!

We are lucky that we still have our dad's and get to hang out with them at least once a week. Sometimes it stretches into 2 weeks, but regardless we see, (or talk to) them every week.


This year Rick and I called our Dads from our dock, we had a nice visit
Love this picture of my Dad that my Brother in law took in May,
 while on a Guys fishing weekend... Thanks Darin

I was happy to spend some much needed time together with the Father of my children
This guy is the icing on the cake. 
He has always amazed me the way he interacts with our kids. He is patient, goofy, thoughtful & loving. He gives wise counsel, He listens and always knows what they need to hear.
They have all inherited great qualities from their daddy!
I couldn't have asked for a better dad for them.

 We have been enjoying our time at the cabin this weekend....
We love these people!
Our up north neighbors John & Judy (center) invited us to their cabin for dinner Saturday night, just so happens Rick's Aunt and Uncle Wayne & Jo Anne are staying with them for a few weeks so we got to hang out with them too! I know it's crazy..... Rick's aunt & uncle are best friends with our neighbors up north.... I just love that!
On Sunday we went to church together, then out to lunch... 
lots of laughs and joking going on at our table  :)

Then it was back to the cabin to catch up on some things to do....

He is such a trooper when it comes to projects!
a little work.... Our new patio set

and a little play...
This was my 1st time pulling Rick on ski's.
Notice the multitasking...
Steering the boat while taking a photo from the rear-view mirror.
Dont worry their were very few boats on the lake Sunday evening. 

Happy Father's Day Rick! 
Our family is so blessed to call you ours  :)





2 comments:

  1. this is such a spot on lovely tribute to rick. he is all those qualities you list.

    i love how you celebrate the presence of family and friends. always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey, I do think he's pretty great :)

      Delete