A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

You don't want to eat this cake...

A "Diaper Cake" 
 A few weeks ago I volunteered to make a centerpiece for a baby shower.
I thought it would be fun to try my hand at making a "Diaper Cake"
I've seen them done and checked out some ideas on Pinterest, then away I went. 

Here's the beginning... 
 I used an empty paper towel roll as the center to stabilize the diaper tower
I lined the diapers up then rolled them to fit around the paper towel roll,
then secured them with rubber bands.
 Next I wrapped ribbon around to decorate and cover the rubber bands, 
then I added a floral lei around the bottom to give it some color

I wrapped a cake platter with tissue paper and added the "decorations", 
which are all gifts for the baby... teethers, baby lotion and soap, baby powder etc.
My favorite part is the baby headbands on the top layer.

 My diaper cake sits on the table along side the REAL cake, which was adorable (and yummy).

Our guest of honor, Jen.

This is the gang of ladies I work with, 
we are the only specialized group of RN's at Mayo Clinic 
that perform Lumbar punctures on all outpatients. It's fun to spend time together outside of work.
Jen's baby is due in July.....It's a girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment