A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Fargo

Up until a couple of weeks ago 
North Dakota was a state neither Rick or I had ever stepped foot in
On a misty cloudy day we decided to travel the 1.5 hours from our cabin to Fargo to say...
"We've been there"

We didn't spend a lot of time in Fargo, mostly just stopped at the visitor center and 
checked out the mall.

I've never seen the movie "Fargo" but apparently there's a "woodchipper scene"
(my husband is such a good sport)

This is the original prop displayed inside the visitor center.
I'm not sure I want to ever see this part of the movie

Fargo Walk of Fame...
The walk of fame featured hand prints and signatures of Movie stars, Musicians, Authors, Athletes and celebrities from all walks of life

"Alabama"

North Dakota Bison
 The mascot of NDSU

While we were driving around we saw snippets of the Blue Angels
The Blue Angels is the United States Navy's flight demonstration squadron

They were practicing for an event the next day in Fargo.
It's an amazing site to see!

The visit was short but sweet, Now we can say we've been to North Dakota, but no ones asking.

1 comment:

  1. Did you go downtown? If not, you should have to explore the art center, see the movie marquee, etc.

    I have photos almost exactly like yours from the visitor center.

    I'll admit Fargo is not one of my favorite places. I grew up on the prairie, but Fargo is flatter than my native sw Minnesota. We made quite a few trips to Fargo in the one year Caleb attended college there. He disliked the ever-blowing wind, the flatness... Boston is a much better fit for him.

    ReplyDelete