A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, August 31, 2018

It finally happened... we got mom & dad to the cabin.

We have had our cabin for three full summers now. 
Rick's mom and dad were able to come 2 years ago,
 
Rick enjoying the evening sunset with his mom & dad
I'm so thankful as now his mom is in a 
nursing home with Dementia and suffering the effects of a recent stroke.

Our parents are in their 80's, not an easy season of life to pack a suitcase and leave 
the comforts and familiarity of your own home.

With conflicting schedules, health issues and just life, 
it's taken a bit to get my mom & dad to the cabin. 
I was determined that it would happen this year and it did! 
  A few weekends ago we enjoyed a 2 night stay at the cabin with mom & dad.
We managed to put a puzzle together, I told mom they couldn't leave until it was finished, ha

My dad likes to fish so we took him out so he could... show us how it's done!
An evening on the lake to troll for whatever was biting
I did have a small bass at one point... as I was reeling it up to the boat Rick announced,
"I have the net in the garage for repairs", ha ha
We did get a look at my Bass before it shook its self off the lure.

 I took this photo as I noticed Dad quietly bringing a fish in. 
I witnessed much patience as he took his time and said nothing. 
Unlike his daughter who squealed "I GOT ONE" and proceeded to reel it in like a maniac.

 I also noticed that the fish gave no fight,  it just quietly came along as dad reeled it in
I think my dad is the "fish whisperer"...for real!

I think Mom and Dad enjoyed their time with us at the cabin.
I know we did!

2 comments:

  1. That photo of you and your parents on the bench, their arms wrapped around you, oh, my, I love the love I see there. You need to print and frame that one.

    So glad you got your parents to the lake. What a joy, maniac fisherwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, "maniac fisherwoman". I gave Rick the camera and said I need a picture of my parents and I, so that what I got. We had such a nice time, and so did we.

    ReplyDelete