A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another one bites the dust

It's so peaceful and calm tonight, 
all I hear is my bubbling fountain and plenty of songbirds.
Just a slight rustle of leaves from the neighbors Quacking Aspen
so lovely!
Calm is not how I would describe the last several days in Rochester MN
The winds and storms have been destructive!
Trees have been down in yards behind us, our yard littered with many branches
but the worst and most frustrating for me has been our Gazebo canopy.
The wind has had havoc on our canopy that was just seeing it's 2nd season. 

This is our 2nd canopy since buying the gazebo about 5 yrs ago
 Nothing is ever made as good as the original
this canopy was cheaply made 
but not cheap in price!
 This is a two tier canopy...the top tier gone
probably in someones back yard.
 A new ULTRA GRADE replacement canopy has been ordered
hopefully it's "ultra grade" can withstand more than one season on Minnesota

But hey....
My flowers are pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Darn wind. It can be a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Rochester had been hit by strong summer storms. Nothing about this on the metro TV stations I watch.

    I agree with your statement about nothing being made as good as the original. Or, one might add, nothing made as good as decades ago. So sorry you had to deal with this. But, at least you have your flowers. Half-price sales at Donahues, BTW, but closing soon for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love the random, Hey my flowers are pretty! Poor poor canopies :(

    ReplyDelete