A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A fun place to be...

Zollman Zoo

A small zoo a few miles west of our home, it's a fun place to visit, 
easy to get to and fun for all ages.

It's a small zoo with animals that are native to Minnesota,
 some the the animals have been injured and would be unable to survive in the wild,
others are surplus from other zoo's. 
They seem to be well taken care of
and have plenty of space of their own to roam around.

 It's really a beautiful place for a spontaneous visit.....
...with some of my loves 

Feeding the goat

"What's your name"?... "I'm 4 too"
Making friends at the zoo
even if the friendship only lasts an hour

Playing on rocks...that's what boys do
"see mama, I can climb on rocks"
baby legs.... Oh My Heart

Treats from g-ma

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a very nice outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 AM

    What a sweet day! Love the photo of the two girls, precious. (Rachel, Young Adventures)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girl really hit it off from the get-go. I think they both enjoyed having a friend at the zoo to chum around with.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the sweetness of that one-hour friendship. Beautiful post, Jackie, for the photos and the story told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed to have the type of personalities that they could be friends forever, too bad the other little girl lives in Red Wing... a bit of a hike for a 4 year old play date :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I LOVE this post, it's like my favorite ever. The animals pics are great, they're all great, but I LOVE the kid ones, hard to pick a fav, but I love the ones of Audrey and her little friend. It's so fun to watch her make little friends with such ease at this age :) Thanks for the fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lovely spontaneous day, Love your babies. Thanks for hanging out with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Zollman Zoo too! Many great memories there through the years. My dad actually worked with Dr Zollman and he lived very close to us and provided vet care for our dogs for years:) He was a great man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's cool that you knew Mr. Zollman. We love that place, took my kids there all the time :)

    ReplyDelete