A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gotta new lens...

A friend of mine (2nd cousin of my husband) 
recently asked me do a photo shoot for her...
Against my wishes, she gifted me some money for my time and final product. 
( I initially refused, but she snuck it into a "Thank you" card and left before I could open it). 
I wasn't gonna return the money, it obviously meant a lot to her, 
so I decided to put the money back into my hobby of photography.
Thank you dear friend, I love my new camera lens :)

It arrived the other day... 
Sony 35F18 35mm f/1.8 wide angle lens, the description says it all....
"You can shoot anything from landscapes to portraits with this lens, bright enough to allow hand-held shooting in low light, and capable of producing smooth defocusing effects that can add depth and artistic elegance to your images. Just what I've been wanting"!!!

I've tried it out a bit, while hobbling around on crutches...

Heliopsis, a beautiful perennial, given to me by my friend Valerie
It stands over 6 feet tall and is filled with these beautiful large golden blooms. 


My deck fountain, it really captured the clarity of the bubbling water.

Favorite, inside of a mustang at a recent car show.

You can never have enough flowers.

Cant wait to get out and really use it!


4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! The clarity is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... isn't it awesome :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Doreen. I am seriously wanting a lens like this now. Enjoy your new toy, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey, it's suppose to be great for portraits, with I would have had it for the grandkids yearly photo shoots.

      Delete