A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

She's is amazing.....

In honor of my sweet daughter on her Birthday

It's funny how our children grow up into young adults and reciprocate life lessons to their parents.
Lessons in Persevere, Hope, Strength, Trust and Faith.


  It's hard to hold it together as I sit in the coffee shop reflecting on this last year as I have watched my daughter hold on tight to a time in her life I'm sure she never could have imagined. 
It's one of those life changing things that most of us would say, 
" I don't think I could do it"
But guess what you have to, and she does!
My daughter Brianna has taught me much in the past year,
 as I have seen her walk a path no parent wants to walk!
To have a perfectly healthy child develop a life threatening disease.
 I was with her when the news came in the Emergency room. 
"Your child has new onset Type 1 Diabetes"
While I lost it over and over again, she comforted me, held it together for Carson and as far as I know, didn't shed a tear. Her strength was amazing to me.....
"Those who trust in the lord will finds Strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

While I was groping for the hand of the LORD.... He already had hers!
"I am the LORD your GOD who takes a hold of your right had and says to you, 
Do not fear, I will help you" Isaiah 41:13

Brianna you know we are so proud of you, you have always been kind, humble, thoughtful
and selfless, all the while being the last to think any of those things of yourself.

Diabetes is a full time job with no perks and no vacation!
You are strong, resilient, patient, and such a good mama to your babies, 
and a lovely wife to your husband... 
from outsiders, looking in, we know this to be true. 

Your days are sometimes consumed by managing Carson's diabetes. This disease keeps you on your toes, but you take the time to be with your daughter too, sharing special mommy/ daughter time. Then there are occasional movie/dinner nights out with Chris, taking time for each other is so important. I takes more effort for everything now, but it's all worth it.


I just wanted you to know how very special you are!

You made me a mommy first

You were and still are the best big sister and momma could hope for her boys!

You honor God and impress Him on your family, in the way your live life!

You Love your husband, you are so good to him and the two of you
are the BEST parents for your babies.

You are diligent in being the best mom & wife you can be and the makes Dad and I so proud.

Our prayer for you on this day and always is that you know God is with you every minute, every day. That you always feel His presence and that you understand,
that He is working in your life even when you may not see it.
He has promised to NEVER leave you, so when days get hard and you're giving your all,
 know that your biggest fan in with you,
 and your second biggest fans are there for you too, always praying for you.

Happy Birthday 
to the best Daughter anyone could ever wish for, 
We have been blessed by you!
LOVE YOU FOREVER!

9 comments:

  1. Ok, that was beautiful. Yes, there were some tears welling up inside. What a special post. Hope she has a wonderful Birthday. She is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna is ALL that .... AND an amazing, loyal friend. I am so thankful our girls were able to "grow up" together! Brianna was good for Cara. Still is. Happy Birthday Brianna! And happy BIRTH day to you Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri, I'm glad our daughters grew up together too, they were both good for each other. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Brianna!

    Dear Jackie, this letter of love to your sweet daughter brings tears. Tears at the depth of Brianna's faith, tears at the challenges she faces, tears at these deep words of love.

    Additionally, I must share something totally remarkable within your post. I have been wanting for awhile to know my Confirmation verse. Yesterday I emailed the pastor at my hometown church requesting that Scripture. I heard back within a few hours. My Confirmation verse is Joshua 1:9, quoted here today by you. How's that for divine "coincidence?" Goosebumps are racing up my arms.

    Where did you find that Joshua 1:9 graphic? I need to print (or purchase) it. The verse is a perfect fit for me given the challenges I've been facing in my life.

    Many hugs and much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Joshua 1:9 is a powerful verse, it's so neat how this was your confirmation verse. I'm curious....so was this a verse that you had chosen for your confirmation, and you had just forgotten? It's crazy that someone can still look up that information. I actually found the graphic on Google images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pastor chose our Confirmation verses. I didn't remember what mine was and didn't want to pull boxes from the back of a closet in an effort to "maybe" find anything related to my eighth grade Confirmation. So I chose the easiest option, knowing that most Lutheran churches keep really good records. I was pleased to get my verse within hours. It's absolutely the right verse for me.

    ReplyDelete