A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

While the men go off fishing....


My dad and older brother
For many years, every memorial weekend my dad 
and many of the males on my side have gone on a fishing trip.
They stay in a cabin on Shamineau Lake near Motley MN, a lake I frequented as a child.

All girls stay back and do their own thing.  
Typically my sister & niece comes down to Rochester to hang out with my mom.
 
We usually hook up on Saturday and visit the Cemetery in which my grandparents and 
Great grandparent on mom's side were laid to rest.  
Both set of Great grandparents are here along with many great aunts and uncles etc.
I love the Concord Cemetery, the two lane gavel path and the quiet of a country setting.
The "Thomas" plots, Mom's parents (foreground) and her 
grandparents set behind near the large tombstone.
I forgot to photograph the Madsen side just to the right of the Thomas's

After we paid our respects we headed cross country to the County Seat cafe in Mantorville,
 I highly recommend this little eatery, lots to choose from and they serve breakfast all day.

then....
a pedicure to follow!

Saturday night Rick and I watched the Rochester littles so their mom & dad 
could have a much deserved break date!
 Just hanging out on the driveway, it was a beautiful evening.
 perfect for a campfire and S'mores
even Uncle Gavin came over to hang out with us.

Do you have any traditions over the Memorial weekend?
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect weekend with family, especially the grands.

    We always attend the Faribault Memorial Day parade and program that follows and then go to the Cannon City Cemetery program in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun weekend for sure!

      Delete