A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, September 18, 2017

A virtual acquaintance, transposed into a real-life friendship...

Audrey and I have been "Friends" for about 3 years or so. 
I met her by way of her on-line blog.
 I stumbled upon a post she had written on West Concord, 
which is a town near the farm where my mom grew up. 
A place I had spent a lot of time, playing at Grandma's farm" 
Her post on West Concord sparked an interest in me and I began to "follow" her blog.
It didnt take long to realize we had a lot in common.
*We both love the country (she grew up on a farm in prairie of SW Minnesota)
I grew up in the country in SE Minnesota

*We both love old, barns, school houses, churches, cemeteries etc!

*We both walk up to old churches in hopes that the doors will be open so we can explore.

* We Both love gravel roads and country drives... 
to explore new surroundings and learn about the places we go.

*We both love photography, noticing more than meets the eye.

*We both have 3 children around the same age, and we both are grandma's!

*We both have a strong faith, we pray for each other's family's and encourage each other with 
kind words and reminders of God's promises.

*We were married a month apart in 1982

* We both have amazing husbands, who are willing to follow us around 
as we explore the world around us. 
They are good men, patient, kind, and selfless! 

This weekend We were lucky to have Audrey and Randy as guests at our cabin.
Audrey was invited to read one of her five published pieces at a program featuring the book
The Talking Stick Vol. 26

This book is a Minnesota literary journal 

Produced entirely by Minnesota writers for Minnesota writers 

The program was held a Blueberry Pines country club, not far from our cabin.

You can read more about Audrey, and check out her blog by clicking the link below.

Audrey and I have meet in person 3 other times, those times were short but sweet, so it was nice having them here for a few days to really get to know each other.
We talked, ate together, enjoyed each other's company, played games, and talked some more.

Audrey told me in a recent email that she did not want to go on the boat. 
I will admit I was a little disappointed because I knew she would love having the opportunity of photographing lake life, but I respected her wishes and didn't even bring it up......

Guess who asked to go on a boat ride  :)
The life jacket was helpful, and as requested we stayed close(er) to shore and didn't go too fast. 
Rick and I were glad that we got to talk Audrey and Randy for a boat ride.
Unfortunately the weather was a bit drab, but we made it work.

I love that our friendship has grown from and on-line virtual acquaintance to a more authentic personal friendship. Our friendship will last, I'm quite sure of that. 
We are kindred spirits and I am thankful for this friend of mine.





6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jackie, thanks for this sweet blog post summary of all we share as "sisters." Randy and I loved our time with you at the cabin. The laughter, the conversations, the outbursts, the spying of the loon, and, yes, even the boat ride are memories I shall always treasure, just like our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all those things... a great time with you both!

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet. It makes me happy that you have Audrey for a friend! I'm proud of her for getting on the boat! Glad you all had fun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy and Audrey are sweet people, easy to be friends with!

      Delete
  3. I am hopping over from Audrey's blog to meet you! I have seen you comment on her posts but never visited your blog which is just silly! Audrey and I connected via our blogs years ago as well and have enjoyed both real time together and online time together so I totally understand your relationship! Love your blog and am going to be a follower now. Your recounting of your visit was wonderful and your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Beth Ann, it's nice to have you as a "follower"! Thanks for checking me out. It may look like no one follows me because most of my followers comment on my facebook page as I always announce a new blog post there. I shall hop over to your blog as well, it's fun to meet new bloggers, for now maybe just here on-line but you never know what the future will hold. :)

      Delete