A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, September 15, 2008

A recipe to share

Freestyle Apple Tart

Ingredients.....

slice up the apples and add to Flour sugar mixture
That's cream cheese spread on the bottom,
add the apples
Pull the pie crust up over the apples
Sprinkle with Cinnamon and sugar.... stick it in the oven
All done, 40 minutes later....
cross section view
Finished product..... so good
I found this recipe in a "Kraft" recipe book. It is easy, quick and yummy. I thought I'd share it with you so you can try it (if you want)

The only thing I would change is...I would peel the apples, that's it, ENJOY
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
4 oz. Cream cheese (softened)
3 apples (peeled) sliced thinly
1/4 C. Sugar
2T. Flour
1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
Cool Whip (for topping).
1. Heat oven to 450 Put crust in 9 in. pie tin. Carefully spread cream cheese in 6 in. circle in center of crust.
2. Toss apples with sugar and flour ( I put it all in a baggie) then spoon apples over Cheam cheese
3. Fold crust partially over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake 25 min covering loosley with foil for last 5 min. Cool.
serve with whip cream. Refrigerate leftovers

5 comments:

  1. looks awesome! I agree, peeled apples would be better.

    I think you should make this for the first girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love too :)
    Just say when.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Oh my, that looks delicious...for me it looks like a single serving (sorry family, none for you!) and it probably is all the points I'd get for one day on Weight Watchers! Maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream?? Just when it comes out of the oven?? I think I put on 5 lbs just writing about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, a picture tutorial. I've made something very similar to this in the past, but I like how you used the pictures so we know if we are doing it right :) Just scrolling through some blogs, looking for some that might have some of my interests. If you watch TV, or have time in your busy life for that :) check out my blog at http://athenaspsyche.blogspot.com/ I love Jesus too by the way. Without Him, I'd be nothing.

    ReplyDelete