A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, November 24, 2008

The weekend backwards from
Sunday to Friday...
Sunday was my birthday and I had a lovely day. Started out just like every other Sunday with going to church, then after the service off to the mall for lunch. We got home and enjoyed some time outside getting the Christmas lights on the shrubs. It was a beautiful afternoon to be out.
Now we just need SNOW
**********
Brie & Chris, gavin, rick and I had a little present opening time before we went to dinner to celebrate my birthday
My wonderful Husband went overboard and got me the new camera that I've been so hoping for. I've been researching them for quiet awhile and this is the one I chose.
It's a SONY DSL 10.2 megapixal with some awesome features including "Live view" through the 2.7" LCD. The LCD monitor also tilts up and down, which makes it easier to take those pics from up above your head and down below your knees. (Believe me, it's great). It came with the standard 18-70mm lens kit and I also got the 75-300mm Zoom lens, whooo hooooo. I'm trying to learn all the functions so hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon.
As I said.....my wonderful Husband
I few pics from my little family party. Gavin gave me a gift card to Caribou (my favorite) and Brie and Chris gave me a cool rustic looking cross with Christmas Holly around it(upper left Pic). It's gonna be perfect for out family room. My sweet daughter made me a yummy Pistachio cake and they all sang Happy Birthday :)
Brie & Chris
Saturday morning my mom and dad came over. Mom made me my childhood favorites, Suet pudding and bread pudding. They wished me a Happy Birthday (a day early) and stayed for a short visit. Thanks for being so thoughtful dad and mom.
Saturday night we had dinner with our friends the Pickers. We decided on something light and not to fancy, so we settled on Apple Bees.
Friday night Gavin, Chris, and Brice had an opportunity to go to the Timberwolves game with my nephew Jamey so Brianna, Rick and I went to the movie "The boy in striped pajama's". It was a good show but a little depressing.
So there you have it...my weekend

6 comments:

  1. Very nice update. I love your camera, especially the cool sound it makes when you take a pic, I shall look forward to your pics! We had fun on yur birfday, I'm glad you did too! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool camera! can't wait to see all the awesome pictures it takes! and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the life of Riely. Never a boring moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome camera! You'll love it. You'll have to give me lessons on how to use mine....cuz you are the pro! There is a lot to learn isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH that's an awesome camera!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bout time you get the camera of your dreams! It will take some very nice pictures of your granddaughter too! Hee hee! Congrats Jackie!

    ReplyDelete