A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Healthy cooking

I recently came upon this great recipe blog that I think is great for healthy cooking,
It's called "Gina's skinny recipes"

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I found several great recipes to try and today I made two of them

*Yummy Diet soda cake (cupcakes)
and
*Turkey & black bean enchilada's




simmering good

pile it on the tortilla

Roll um up sprinkle some cheese and
Bake it

then enjoy :)

It was "rather tasty" (we both said after our first bite), but one was enough (says my husband).
I used whole wheat tortilla's which you really have to acquire the taste for.
I think flour tortilla's would have worked better for him.

It was fun to make homemade enchilada sauce, rather than pour it on from a can.

Another aquired taste would be the ground turkey.
I think he would have preferred Hamburger... a mans meat.

All in all it was a good healthy meal
ending with this yummy little morsel...


3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I wanna try them out! I have to agree, I think whole wheat stuff is not quite as tasty, too bad it's better for ya. Looks good to me! Maybe I'll have to take another look at that website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara told me about Gina's website quite awhile ago....we both make her recipes and have yet to make something we don't like. I've come to like the wheat tortillas better than flour....and I'll take turkey or chicken to beef any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally gave Brie that website back when i was advising her on how easy it is to cook things! Love it!

    Food looks great, and the best part is that it's mostly healthy for you! Yay!

    ReplyDelete