A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Can the words CUTE and OUTHOUSE go together???

I'm sure most would not consider an outhouse cute, 
I had never thought that until I spotted this one... 
...situated behind the farm house at the Prim Barn sale where I recently
visited on a cool Saturday morning. The farm is located on a country road near Lake city.
I suppose the owners thought it would be fun to make it unique, 
and make it more enjoyable for those of us who..."had to go"

 Another one of my interests from years gone by... outhouses  :) 
I'm always thrilled when I see an old abandoned out house 
at the cemeteries and old churches that  I happen upon...

...like this one behind the old Methodist church in Lenora, Mn

 Can you imagine...electricity and art deco in your out house

Equipped with tissue, hand sanitizer, a clock and a very nice toilet seat.

I'm thankful that I never had to go out on a 
cold winter night (or any night for that matter) to use the 
outhouse like some of my readers, It may have given me a different perspective on Winter  :)

3 comments:

  1. You always ended up with goose bumps where you never should have goose bumps.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Been there done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that, too. I do not have fond memories of using the outhouse while growing up. But I do understand your appreciation for them.

    ReplyDelete