A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

This and that's.....

So sometimes I don't really have anything topical that I want to blog about so then I just post some photo's of recent and tell you all about them...

Don't be deceived, the photo on the left it not my granddaughter Audrey,
it's Audrey's mama at the same age, that's her daddy  
giving her a pep-talk at one of her soccer games.

On the right is our Grandson Carson yesterday, 
also getting some encouragement but from his daddy/coach! 

 Our friends Audrey and Randy gifted us this lovely print of a loon. 
It was done by a Minnesota artist which makes it even more meaningful. 

 A miracle Hydrangea blossom, I have had this plant for 7-8 years and only once has it bloomed, 
so now this makes it twice.

My granddaughter Audrey found this sweet little trinket dish at a  garage sale this summer,
She couldn't wait to give it to me for my birthday in a month, so I got it early... lucky me
She is so sweet and thoughtful.

 Love watching this one progress, she's come a long way in just a couple of years
Yesterday she scored a goal!

 First year soccer boy, It's so fun to watch him play, he works hard, and has 
scored one goal so far this year.

 Saw these at Target the other day. 
Just thought they were pretty (for someone else)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Those shoes....Cinderella's???? Not glass but appear to be equally (un)comfortable! Your little soccer boy is beautiful(I know, that's not an appropriate adjective for such a handsome lad....but he appears almost porcelain!!) and so focused. There's something so ethereal about loons and that's a wonderful piece from good friends (who is the artist??). Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Doreen, the shoes would be most uncomfortable, and yes I agree about Carson, he is beautiful in my eyes too. I don't have the print with me, and I can't remember the artists name of the print. We enjoy the loons at the cabin, they are so vocal, especially in the spring. Thanks for stopping by Doreen, have a great week.

      Delete
  2. How can Audrey and Carson be looking, well, so grown up already? These are some great action shots, Jackie. You could be a sports photographer, you know.

    Thanks for featuring the loon print. I wish I could remember the Minnesota artist. He/she has some other wonderful art, too. It was difficult to choose, but I knew the loons would be perfect for your cabin.

    I love the bird/leaf dish Audrey found for you. I would have scooped it right up to add to my art leaf collection. I have a similar piece, except my bird and leaf are both green. Other than color, they look alike. Audrey has great taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the name on the back of the print but do you think I can come up with it? I have an Idea on how I want to display it, maybe I will post when I finish the display, then I will include the artists name :)
      Yes the kids are growing up....too fast! I love to be at their games with my camera, I'm thankful for the "action" setting on my camera, it helps to catch them without the blur :)

      Delete