A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Finally a substantial snow fall... and it's still snowing, Yay!!!

When we get a beautiful snow, I am not one to sit inside and just observe. 
I wanna be out in it, to see it, and really grasp the beauty of it.

The plows were out so I knew the roads were drivable
*  *  *  *  *
1st stop... my daughter's house

I just knew the kids would be out playing...
they were!  That's my granddaughter in the purple.


My daughter was out shoveling...that's after her husband Chris had already shoveled twice.
From there we just drove north and west of town staying on roads that were passable


It was snowing quite hard, hence the grainy photo

 Driving by the history center barn

Favorite photo of one of my favorite barns.

 and then a stop to view the woods near the Plummer House.

 We decided to tackle the driveway knowing there are still a few inches to come. 
The snow is wet and so heavy so we didnt want to wait too long.
 This amount of snow calls for the snowblower. 
Rick prefers a shovel but when the neighbor give you a snowblower for free...why not.
6-10 forecasted for our area until midnight tonight.
7.3" so far, near my home in NW Rochester.

How much snow are ya all getting????





4 comments:

  1. No snow. Or cold. Sunny, warm and clear blue skies where I am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Kirk!, haha :) Looks like we are both happy where we are. By the way, where are you?

      Delete
  2. I estimate we got 15 inches in Faribault. You wouldn't have been leisurely driving around here. People were getting stuck in streets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were getting stuck here too, but we stayed on the streets that were plowed. It's always a battle just getting out of our cul-de-sac since they are not priority. The post card beauty was worth the risk. Rick had a shovel in the car....just in case :)

      Delete