A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, February 8, 2019

When snow falls...nature listens

The devotional I read this morning was just for me!

As an amateur /hobbyist photographer,
 I love to capture the beauty of nature, people and whatever catches my eye.
 I have been told I have an "eye" for photography.

I tend to get caught up in Winters beauty. 
What some call brutal cold, I call pure and fresh...exhilarating!
I love to be out in the winter, and my camera usually accompanies me, 
but sometimes the photo doesn't turn out the way I see it,
 it can frustrate me that I don't get to share the beauty that I am seeing through my lens.

My devotional this morning was about a photographer that has the same 
winter passion in photography as I do, and the same frustrations when we can't seem
 to capture the beauty that's in front of us to look the same in a photo.

Instead of frustration the author reminds me to
 Breathe. Savor. Be.
At that moment, what I am seeing through my lens may be for me alone,
  and maybe it's only for right now. 
It's at this time that I need to memorize the details in my head and heart. 
To enjoy the moment and be still.

Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10
"GODS CREATION IS MUCH TOO BIG TO BE CONFINED IN MERE PHOTOGRAPHS"

 I dug into my Archive of winter photo's and came up with a few to share 
 Who else appreciates being in the elements of winter
I don't know if I like the contrast of the hoarfrost against the blue sky... 
or the monotone white on gray (with a pop of color)

  It's just all beautiful to me.


There's just something about barns in the winter

For those who are already tired of winter...... 
here's a little hope in what's to come!

2 comments:

  1. The hoarfrost on the branches against the blue sky are stunning!
    I'm a summer girl ... but if it must be cold.... a little white looks better than brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an eye, a gift, for photographer. I love your photos. My favorite among these is the monotone white on gray with a pop of color. I would hang that on my wall.

    ReplyDelete