A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Another Christmas story

Christmas day was a day full of celebration....
Christ's birth
Family
and so much fun.

Christmas morning I was up by 5:45 to start the 
Chicken Wild Rice soup that I was bringing to my mom house for the noon meal. 
I couldn't sleep, (too much racing through my head) so I sat with my coffee and read 
The "Christmas Story", I Prayed for my friends that are having struggles this year, friends whose families are broken and friends and family who have lost loved ones this year.

Gathering at my Mom & Dads
Every year I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. 
I still have both my parents, our health and a thriving family.
I know how that can all change in an instance as Rick recently lost his mom. 
 So I will continue to be thankful for Gods provisions and blessings.

I love my mom's expression here, 
The great-grandchildren are thanking them for the Christmad money they received.

Puzzles

Son Gavin and SIL Chris

We enjoyed a hodge-lodge lunch, present opening, good conversation, games, and 
just good old fashion family-time.


Then it was back to our home for our little family's Christmas celebration.
Before presents, Grandpa read The Christmas Story

Then the obligatory cousin Christmas Picture (in matching PJ's)
My heart about exploded, love these 4 so much.

Daughter Brianna and DIL Jenny smell-checking Brianna's new essential oil scents.

Carson passing out gifts

Sweet Granddaughters

Lewin's turn to open a gift
Mommy and daddy checking to see who it's from.

My boys playing cribbage on the new board hand-made by son Brice and gifted to his brother Gavin.

I didnt take a single photo of stocking time, I chose instead to just sit and soak it in.
We had a such a fun day, our Rochester family stayed until 10:00 pm, 
Brice and family stayed with us for 2 night....lucky us.

Pancakes.... a tradition with my grands. 
They sit right up on the counter and help pour in the ingredients, then mix it all up

No eggs in this recipe, they LOVE the taste of the batter, so with clean hands they lick away.
Morning after Christmas toy playing with Grandpa.

I hope you all had a joyful Christmas, Rick and I wish you all a Happy New Year full of peace,
 happiness and joyful memories.



2 comments:

  1. What a joyful Christmas. So happy for you, Jackie, to have all this family time.

    ReplyDelete