A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

It's been a long good-bye

God understands the cries of our heart,
 even when they're to deep for words 
Romans 8:26

It's been a long goodbye...
I started grieving the loss of you when you were still alive!
Little by little, your thoughts became tangled and didnt always make sense.
You forgot what direction to turn on the roads we traveled together many times.
Your voice became soft and you were hard to understand.
Your stature became small and frail, not the tall and able-bodied man you always were. 
You did not want to give up, it couldn't have been easy going through what you did, 
but you hung on and we loved you through it all.

On that final day, Saturday October 29th, 
I walked through the door of your room and knew your time was near. 
I sat near your head, held your hand and played music for you.
 In your final moments here on earth I whispered love in your ear as you drew your last breath...
There was only peace, no suffering as Jesus reached for you and took your hand.

Dad did you feel me wipe that tear from your eye as you left this world, 
It's the last thing I did for you as you went to be with Jesus. 
I believe it was a tear of joy as you were welcomed by your twin and all your people in heaven. 

I'll see you later dad....I love you.
 

Our favorite stop when we took our drives in the country
Buck Snort Dam

I Love that I got my hands from you, so lean with those big veins

On this day in early October, You really wanted your shoes on! 
Your feet were swollen so I had to really work to get them on....we did it. 

We always stopped at a diner for coffee and a treat on those country drives!
I'm gonna miss that!
Coffee and treats....even if we werent hungry 

Save a seat for me at the diner in heaven.
I miss you dad!


 

3 comments:

  1. My dearest Jackie, I am crying in the reading of this loving tribute to your dad. Every detail...from putting his shoes on his feet to wiping away that last tear...shows the love you two shared. Beautiful. Deep. Heavenly. My love to you as you grieve. Thank you for sharing these images, your memories, your thoughts, your hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey! for some reason comments weren't comming in my email so I could ok them for posting. I have read all of them from several posts.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:38 PM

    So sorry for your loss. God be with you

    ReplyDelete