A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

We begin our 2023 Cabin season...

The ice went off the lake on May 3rd this year.
The company that opens our cabin did so on the same day.
We eagerly traveled up on Saturday May 6th to start our 2023 season!

It was a long-hard-winter with a lot of heavy wet snow!
 Our giant pines felt it. There are also a few oak trees on both side of our cabin that left a few leaves
 to clean up along with the pine needles and a "bumper crop" of Pine cones.
All the branches
We also did a little trimming of one of our pines
1st load along with a broken washing machine.

We are doing a bathroom renovation this spring, so along with the yard work, 
we begin this project as well.

Our flooring is ordered, we will paint, put up new back splash, 
new trim and get a new stackable washer and dryer.
My "Mr-do-everything" will be the contractor :)

Meanwhile....
Yesterday afternoon we tackled the whole yard. Load #2

Rick blows all the debris into a line, I then rake into piles, 
we both load a tarp and then lift it into the trailer.

My yearly spring blisters are proof of my involvement!
I might also add, I have my Dad's LEAN-BIG-VEIN hands, I like that we have the same hands.

This visit is always the hardest!
 Lots of yard clean up and sprucing up the cabin,
 but we find time to rest and enjoy this sweet haven of ours.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Lots of hard work to get ready for the fun ahead. Enjoy every minute use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are back at the cabin, even if it means lots of work initially. I know this is your happy place. Be sure to show us the finished bathroom project.

    ReplyDelete