A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Is it just old age creeping up on me?
~

So it's the same old story. Suppose to work today at 5:45am. So I go to bed last night knowing that I would not sleep.....it's a crazy phenomenom, i lay in bed all night looking at the clock and calculating how much sleep I'm NOT gonna get. I was awake every stinking hour last night. It's not that I'm afraid of Oversleeping, it's more like I'm afraid I wont sleep and that's precisly what happens every time I work this shift.
So now comes the hysterical part of the story.....
Are you ready, get this.....
I get to work at 5:45 only to meet up with a co-worker in the hall. There is only suppose to be ONE of us there at that time, so I get this sick feeling in my stomach, could it be that I wrote down the wrong day to work on my calander???? It was probably her error since I'm pretty careful about checking my schedule (especially since I only work twice a week). So we both looked at each other(kind of sheepishly) and we walked over to the schedule and sure enough, I was marked off today, but I DO work tomorrow morning at 5:45am. Oh Yippee, another sleepless night tonight, two in a row...brings me right back to when that kids were babies..oh those were the days.
Anywho.
I stopped at walmart and got a new ink cartridge for the printer, came home sorted the laundry and started up a load. I guess I'll have the laudry all out on the line by 9:00am. I'm now doing some print shop stuff on the computer and I'll probably watch some "Today"with Matt Lauer. I'm hoping the rest of my day is productive and I hope that tonight I'll be so tired from this long day, that I'll sleep like a baby. SIGH

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Boy is that aggravating!!!
    You have already had a productive day, I would have gone home to go back to bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo bizarre, first i brought up your page and saw the picture, and i was doing the EXACT SAME THING, sitting there looking perplexed with my hand over my mouth. It was weird. Then i read this entry, and i found out we have the same sleep issues. Except for i do eventually get A LITTLE sleep. And it's usually on school nights... ya. so see ya around.
    (p.s. your daughter is swimming in our pool RIGHT NOW with Cara.) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jackie, I think it's old age creeping up somewhere. I go thro this just about every night. Get used to it Honey. Sweet dreams!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmmm.....whatsa matta Jackie?? You no get any sleep? Take some melatonin or a sleep aid on the nights you gotta sleep. I do that when I fly somewhere cause I neva eva can sleep on airplanes. It works!! C'mon...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete