A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I got a cool dad and a groomed yard

Yesterday was a productive day in the yard.
Dad brought the tractor out and "did" my yard.
I got off work 2 hours early and met dad at home.
First we unloaded the rig which was intense. I got my 72 yr. old dad backing a tractor off the pickup....yikes. I quess he's done it a few time, so I shouldnt be so worried. He proceeded to Rake and Mow and then he vacuumed it all up and we bagged the clippings and dead grass.


Meanwhile I ran to Menards and got some Crabgrass preventer and fertilizer. I put that on while dad relaxed and had a pop. (after all he was working so hard on that tractor). After the break dad went back to it and aireated the yard. My yard love to be groomed, it's gonna be so pretty in a week or two.
*****
So today it's raining which is perfect since the crabgrass preventer needs rain to make it work.
~~~~~~~
Check out the next blog... track meet update

4 comments:

  1. ah, jackie, your yard was always the BEST yard to play in! the grass was so nice. i love your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nate, you can come and play anytime. I'll let you know when Jensen comes over....Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work hard in your yard....and it shows. I'm glad the rain is good for someone! But then, you probably wish it was snow dontcha?

    I had fun tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for your pretty yard! me wanna come play in it.

    ReplyDelete