A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just a few highlights of my trip

OK.... It's too overwhelming to me to blog the entire Washington trip,
so I will post some pictures
and capture just a few of the highlights.
Here we are under the Cherry Tree. Mom has always wanted to see the Cherry Trees blossom in Washington DC. We made it Mom :)

Me and my sis Jodi on a double decker tour bus.
Mom and the Cherry blossoms
Jefferson, Lincoln and Washington memorial.
We did go to the top of the Washington. Very cool !!!
The Capitol and White House.
(Note the green grass, made me wanna mow)
The Washington National Cathedral, one of my favorite sites....Awesome
Arlington Cemetery, I could have spent the whole day here.
( I have a thing for cemeteries)
We saw JFK's grave(above) and the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier.


The Hope Diamond was a highlight, we visited about 3 of the Smithsonian museums
More Cherry blossom pictures. The pictures will never do it justice....
You must go and see it for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Jackie. Great pictures and I looked up the tulip tree thingy too and found out it was the right tree. Aren't you proud of me????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures Mom, I'm so glad you all go to go see all those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! What an adventure together! It's so good you got the opportunity! Mother/daughter trips are fun!

    ReplyDelete