A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Housework, funeral, gardening and food......

Friday was actually a very enjoyable and productive day. I got up bright and early to take Gavin to school (so that I could have the car). I got home and started cleaning the house, including laundry, It was a gorgeous day so i was able to hang the clothes out.
Took a bit of a break so Rick and I could attended a funeral (our neighbors dad) It was good to see the "neighbor boys" (since we did watch them grow up).
Came home, Rick went back to work and I finished cleaning (more laundry). I then went to Wal-mart and spent $180.00 on groceries, OUCH!!!
Then it was out to enjoy the beautiful day. I planted my Geraniums and pulled a few weeds in the garden. A few of the neighbors came out to visit so that was nice. It's kind of like winter hibernation is over and the people are coming out for the first time. Ha
Rick and I decided to FINALLY go to "HuHot" for supper, we've been wanting to try it for awhile, below are a few pics from out "HuHot" experience....
Oh the food was wonderful, it was a fun and different experience.
We will certainly go there again!!!
Cooking our food on the giant grill, that was fun to watch.
Later on Chris and Brianna came over and we ventured over to Dairy Queen to cleanse our palates. They stayed and visited for awhile.
Rick and Chris talked non-stop about sports (gotta love it) and Brie and I talked about work, Kelseys baby and whatever came into our heads.
It was a great day.....That's what Friday's should be like always!

3 comments:

  1. sweet blog Mom, it's good us girls around to talk about interesting things insted of which b-ball players are best and why in a 1 million word discussion, heehee. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made up for working all week with being outside all day....i long for days off now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Huhot and where is it?Neva heard of the place.

    ReplyDelete