A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A bug that lights up

I wish I could claim this pic...but I can't. I sat out in the backyard for about 20 minutes with fireflies lighting up all around me but they were to quick for me and I couldnt catch the little buggers. They are pretty amazing little creatures....A bug that "lights up", wow. When I was a young girl we used to go out at night and catch the little bugs in a jar. We'd have a whole jar full. They are actually a very ugly bug, not cute at all. While I was sitting out there the mosquito's enjoyed a feast on my ankles....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4 comments:

  1. We used to collect them in jars too! And I don't remember the mosquitos bothering me as much...probably because we were covered in Deet....and the spray from the mosquito trucks that would come down our street every week! Did you have those in MN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A skitter got my little finger last night. The little bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mosquito trucks in MN, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are pretty cool when they hit your windshield as well...it glows!

    ReplyDelete