A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hollyhock Dolls

When I was a little girl we used to go to my grandma's farm. One of my favorite flowers at Grandmas were Hollyhocks. (Like in the picture below).

At Grandma's farm my mom used to make us kids Dolls made from the hollyhock flower (like in the picture below).
Last night while at Mom's house we were admiring her beautiful hollyhocks and I asked her if she could show me how to make "those hollyhock dolls" So here you have it.....

My cute little mom and her "hollyhock Doll"
I like how the shirt mom is wearing kind of matches the doll.

8 comments:

  1. cool i wanna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that flower looks like a hollyhock

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a Hollyhock...man what was I thinking.....Duhhhhhh

    Why would I say poppy???? I will change it in my posting to say the correct flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that pic, I wanna learn too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DO think the dolls are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gran, i LOVE that shirt...and the flower doll. hehehe...You're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember as a child in the 1950's we had hollyhocks in the back yard and my mom and I made these. Wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jo Lynn, I'm glad to hear that others had those fun memories as well :)

      Delete