A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Dells

Yesterday.....Rick, Gavin, Jay Brown and I left for an adventure to "The Dells". We have never been there and Gavin has always wanted to go. We would, of course have loved it if our other kids could have joined us, but work committments got in the way (such is life). We loved having Jay with us, he is a riot.
The boys had to get up way to early so they were catching up on sleep in the back seat.
We got to our hotel early (before check-in) The boys didn't hesitate getting to know the leprechon , then it was a quick change into their swim suits and into the pool they went.
Showing what they got....
Rick was actually "scoring" the dives. It was an interesting competition.
We actually ended up going to "Noah's ark" which was a blast. Yes, Rick and I went on MOST of the rides!!! I felt quite daring, and it was alot of fun. Jay and Gavin kept bugging me to go on the attraction called "Point of no return". Lets just say I didnt cuz I need to be alive for few more years. Ha
Next time I think we'll try Mount Olympus. It's a very cool looking theme park!

This is apparently the "White House" after being dropped upside down by aliens... Hummmm, it looks interesting to say the least.

When we got done with our fun day at the water park, we relaxed a bit then went to the "pizza ranch" for supper. After that we did a little shopping. We went downtown Dells which was amazing. Everything stayed open till 11:00pm. I loved all the little shops and candy stores. It reminded me of "Up North" Yes I did get some salt water taffy and fudge !!

These bag pipers were putting on a little show downtown. I Love the look of a guy in a Kilt ( I think I know what I'm getting Rick for his birthday), Ha
I just liked this cool little store.
********
Today we got up and decided that we would try the Jet boats on the Upper Dells. It's a boat that goes really fast and does 360 degree turns splashing water all over the occupants. We toured about an hour and got a little narrarated history lesson on the dells.

The boat and us.

The boat on the right showing the "quick stop" which can get you quite wet.
***
After our boat tour we headed a little further east to Tanger Outlets. Jay and Gavin made a haul, so it was worth it. Then it was back home through a pretty violent storm, never quite seen rain come down that hard....wow, but we made it and are now home safe and sound. Our get-away was short but sweet, and full of fun memories!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home ok. We are in for more storms today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun fun fun! I like the diving competition, especially Jay's dive, heehee. Glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun, and exhausting. I do love waterparks though!

    ReplyDelete