A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Is it Winter yet...

So the fan on the furnace decides to poop-out during the hottest and most humid week of the summer. The air conditioner works just fine but since the fan doesn't work it won't cool the house down. Today I was nearly suicidal...most of you know that "humid" and me don't mix! I basically went shopping all day to stay in the air-conditioning of the cool stores. This afternoon Rick went golfing (crazy man) so I even took myself out to supper so I wouldn't melt.
Unfortunately I also inherited the "Erickson gene" that causes us to sweat profusely around the head and face area. I was blessed with the sweaty face....lovely !!!
So, what do I do????????.........

I go and get a "Skinny Vanilla Latte" EXTRA HOT" (that's how I like it). I sat out in the wretched humid/heat on the deck and drank my latte and let my face sweat. I guess I should be happy to have my pores flushed out. Some people pay big money for that. There... enough said for my sorry self.
***********
Tonight, God acknowleged my misery and sent a cold front to Rochester in the form of a storm. Not only has it cooled off, but I love a good storm..... What a blessing, yah whooooooooo!!!
P.S. We get our new Furnace (with a fan that works) next Friday. Apparently everyone else in Rochester need a new fan too.

3 comments:

  1. Your mothers house was cool un til about 3:00 when the electricty deceided to go off. It was out until 5:30. It got very muggy in here. Now it's cool. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ridiculous! Way to work around the misery of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad day! I like how you had an extra hot drink outside, sick! Feel free to come lounge at our place if you want coolish-ness! love you!

    ReplyDelete