A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Relaxing weekend

My "Lambs ear" flower has matured quite nicely this year and I'm well pleased with how pretty it is.

Its was a wonderfully cool weekend, No need for an air-conditioner, so that worked out well....so far.

Today Rick and I hung out on the deck for a bit, reading and napping, or should I say I was trying to nap but my little brain couldnt stay quiet, so i jumped up after about 10 minutes and went and got groceries. We love our new deck furniture and gazebo. (and yes Kitty, it stood up well to the recent storms and crazy wind)

Here's Mr. Rick playing with the
"Zen Garden", Ha




















Reading on the comfortable Chair that I think he has claimed as "His"

Tonight we had a nice dinner with Chris and Brie at Applebees'. Gavin is off galivanting with Andrews youth group somewhere. ( something about tubing and fishing and .......)

We have legitimate cause to believe that, that child is preparing us for the "empty nest symdrome", and he's doing a real good job. Sigh....

7 comments:

  1. I'll still be your child, I promise! Thanks for the fruit and for having din with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have'nt even begun to know what the empty nest is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Glad to hear it made it! I thought of you during the storms we had here on Thursday afternoon and Friday night. The winds were 60 mph (per weather service!) and I was sure any gazebo on my deck would've been in the Dells in no time! Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Rick looks like the guy from the video we saw in church the other day, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you should call it "gavinlanting" OR "gavilanting" instead of galivanting!!

    If an empty nest is when they leav the nest.....what is it when they leave the town....or state????

    ReplyDelete
  6. From 2 empty nesters here in Mantorville...you will learn to enjoy the freedom of your own schedule so quickly that when they all DO come home it's a little bit stressful. Just wait...it will all be okay. P.S. Love the Zen sandbox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be out of da hood, Cheri

    ReplyDelete