A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm gonna keep them both

I've had this wallet for about a year. It's the perfect one for me... It's broken-in just the way I like it, it fits in my purse, matches with any purse I use, and feels good in my hand. It's kind of a popular style, moderately priced. Lots of stores have a wallet similar to this one.

So on Sunday when the zipper broke on the "change compartment" I mentioned to Rick that I needed to buy a new wallet (just like the one I have). My thrifty husband didn't waste a second with his response...
" I CAN FIX IT"

So tonight out came his handy dandy waxed thread & super duper needles and he fixed that zipper all right. Knotted both ends since the zipper wanted to fall off both sides.

After he was done Rick proudly said, "I made it so you'll never forget who fixed it".

So here you see one of the knots. Great fix honey! (think of all the money we saved)
The funny thing is that he told me after he fixed it that if I wanted to I could still buy a new one. What a sweet husband I have...I'm gonna keep him (and the wallet)

5 comments:

  1. LOL, that is so funny. I love the knots! Way to go Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he didn't use duck tape. Way to go Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIY and home repair! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flat wallets are the new trend Jackie. I know you think you probably couldn't fit all your stuff but they make them large enough for a checkbook and everything. You are such a trendy gal I thought surely you would get one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen a 3 inch wide "flat wallet" yet with all the compartments I need to organize my stuff. Let me know if you see one and I'll consider the trend. :)

    ReplyDelete