A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When I cant be mowing... I be baking.

Guess what I did tonight....

I decided to be a little domestic tonight and fill the cookie jar. My boys are most appreciative so that always makes it worth my time spent alone in the kitchen for 2 hours.
This is my mother-in-laws recipe. They always turn out perfect, (minus the one batch that I left in too long and they got a little dark).
1- 1/2 C. Flour
3/4 C. White sugar
3/4 C. Br. sugar
2 eggs
1 C. Crisco
1 t Baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 Tbsp. water
2 C. oatmeal
12 oz. pkg. of Chocolate chips
******
Mix um up like you know how to do and bake them for 10 - 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

6 comments:

  1. Jackie...I like raisins in my oatmeal cookie. And they're a healthier alternative to chocolate chips. But what the hey...freshly baked cookies from the oven are sooooo good! I miss doing that. Haven't done it in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, now I wanna make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha...yummy.
    Maybe you should remind Cindy that the 1 cup of Crisco is much worse than the chocolate chips! Go for it! That said, I like raisins in my oatmeal cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Cindy, if you put raisons in insted, then they're not choc. chips cookies! heehee. Pretty pics mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok then, lets clear this up... These are "Chocolate chip cookies", not oatmeal cookies. The oatmeal just happens to be part of the recipe. PS...I also love raisins in my oatmeal cookies (but not my chocolate chip cookies) Is anyone else confuse. Ha ha
    Thanks for all the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:22 PM

    We're on the same wavelength! I was baking cookies and quick breads tonight as well. I'm the 'treat Mom' at school this week for the teachers, so the lounge will be a popular spot tomorrow! Like you, I can't leave the cookie jar empty for my boys, so the jar is full for them too. Made both chocolate chip AND oatmeal cookies...with butterscotch pieces. Now, if I can just stay away from that cookie jar :)

    ReplyDelete