A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday

Sunday was a great day.... I got to spend it with my daughter Brianna and oldest niece Kellie.
We had tickets to "The tour of gymnastic superstars" at the Excel Center in St. Paul.
~~~~
Kellie and Brie were both gymnasts in "club" and High school so It was exciting for them to see (IN PERSON) the olympic team live. We got to see gold medalists, Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin, and many more. The Hamm twins were there as well as former gymnast Shannon Miller.
They put on quite a show.
Below is Shawn Johnson on beam.
(I accidently cut off Nastia..oops)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the show we headed up to Brice's place a few blocks from the Excel.
He showed his cousin his pad and then we left for supper. We ended up on Grand Ave at a great place called "Bonfire". We had a great time...good food, company and converstaion.
Kellie, Brie and Brice
The wierd bull that hangs from the ceiling
Kellie and Brie, enjoying their pizza
My yummy food.
Squash filled Ravioli with pulled chicken and Rosa sauce.
(and one of Brice's asperagus)
Of course we had to stop in at the "Grand ole creamery" just down the road for some scrumptous ice cream. I was too cold so I opted out and settled for a "Caribou coffee" which happened to be right across the road.
****
Brice then took us to his school, CVA (college of visual arts) to show Kellie and Brie where he spends most of his time. Oddly enough Brie had never been inside.
Yep, this is Brice's college. It's an old mansion made into a school. It's right on Summit avenue amoungst all the other cool mansions. Brice showed us all the nooks and crannies, and even got Kellie up on the roof...dont ask how they got up there.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I had squash filled ravioli on Friday night at The Redwood Room! It was AMAZING. Then I topped it off with my fav dessert ....creme brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamey's old stompin grounds and my neice Christina's new stompin grounds. She mentions that she sees Brice but doesn't know if he recognizes her so she hasn't said "Hi". Silly kids. Just get over it already and say something...duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoohoo that was such a fun day! Thanks for taking us and for supper! I wanna do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Man I wish i could've been there. I miss that area a a lot too! I miss you guys as well!

    ReplyDelete