A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Two day get-away

Part one: Yesterday I headed up to the cities to spend some time with my sister. We shopped and shopped, talked & talked and ate. It was allllll good. I spent the night at her house and got to spend some time hanging out with my nephew Sam and niece Jensen and Bro-in-law Darin. The time always goes too fast but I'm thankful for anytime we get!!!
Today, I got up and took Sam and Jensen to school then headed over to hang with Brice for awhile. He took me to a place called, "Punch" for lunch. It's a yummy little pizza place...very good

Below is my pizza and the brick oven that they cooked it in.
~~~~~~
This picture was in the women's bathroom...
I thought it was funny
After we ate, Brice took me over to his workplace where he is doing his internship. I met his boss and saw the desk he sits at to do all his work, so that was cool. We also got to stop in and see my nephew Jamey. I love his studio

Part Two: The drive home.....
I was again reminded of why I dont live in the cities...

Notice the break light.... Accident ahead
(so of course we are backed up for miles)
Same kind of thing behind me....rememeber we are basically at a standstill, so the pure boredom prompted me to take pictures.
and of course there is the never-ending construction on 35W, Grrrrrr

Did I mention that I hate the big trucks. They are forever in my way. They really should have their own road.

5 comments:

  1. I like your pics and those pics are also why I never want to live there, what a pain. Glad you had fun with the Luehrs and Bricey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should talk to Cara about sitting in traffic after an accident (and having to pee). She sat for nearly 4 hours on an Indiana Interstate without moving on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:51 PM

    It's not all that bad up here! My little town out here in the suburbs probably rivals Wabasha in quietness! IF I have to go in anywhere by the city, I try to time it because the traffic freaks me out too...had to go to the MOA on Monday and I was praying there and back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new blog layout! Very cool.
    I agree with you. I hate sitting in traffic and I HATE semis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:52 PM

    what are you doing taking pictures while driving??? hehhee

    ReplyDelete