A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Cookie extravaganza

It all started at 10am.
Brianna came over to bake Christmas cookies
We started last night by making the dough
Started with the Gingerbread men (Chris's favorite)

"Andes Candy" from scratch.
Next the cut-outs
Took a break at 12:15 to go have some lunch...yum yum
Gavin eventually came home from school and pitched right in
Then came the endless decorating

Not sure if they are decorating or goofing off.
But I Know for sure they are having fun.

One of my favorite cookies, it's a chocolate sandwich cookie
(got the recipe from my sis)
* * * * * * * * * * *
Packin' em up at 8:00pm.
WOW and that's just the first go around. Still got the "kiss cookies" and fudge to make. That will have to wait for another day :)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 PM

    I am so jealous...tree up and cookies baked already! Do you have your shopping done too? That might push me over the edge!! I have the shopping almost done, but tree is still at the lot, decorations in the basement and don't even ask me about the cookies!! I'll live vicariously through you! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you comming to my house to bake my cookies?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive. very impressive. I felt like making cookies last night, but worked on Christmas cards instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hangin' with me for the day, I like our new cookie tradition, it's way more fun than being alone in my dull kitchen! Love love! and I love the pic of the andes candies, pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have one of the chocolate ones? Mmmmmm...you are sooo energetic! I haven't even started the decorating!

    ReplyDelete