A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's warm in here...I'm thankful for that

***
Well it's been sort of an uneventful weekend. As I get up off the couch feeling weak and exhausted I begin to "Blog" and remember all that I am thankful for.....
  1. Even though the house is empty and quiet, I have a wonderful fire keeping me company. Did I mention warm? (Rick and Gavin are in the cities celebrating my Niece Alex and Nephew Grant's birthdays) I miss you all, Happy birthday kiddo's.
  2. I may be sick with this Viral bronchitias, but atleast I dont have a disease that's incurable.
  3. My head hurts from all the coughing, but I have a great stock of Advil and Excedrin migraine in the cupboard.
  4. My nose hurts from all the blowing, but I have soft Kleenex tissues so I dont have to use "mcDonalds" napkins.
  5. I can't sleep very well laying flat in bed, but I have a great soft cozy chair in the living room that fits me just right, and I can sleep in that.
  6. That sound of wheezing, frothing in my upper airway is annoying but my NEW inhaler helps take care of that every 4 hours or so.
  7. When my cough drops don't seem to be helping my cough, that's ok because the menthol in them seems to clear my nose a bit so I can breath.
  8. Even though I hate this persistant cough, I love the taste of cough syrup. Thank you Ms. Nurse Practioner who prescribed that lovely cough syrup with codeine.
Speaking of Codeine.... I probably should not take that after midnight tonight. Tomorrow morning I report to the Government center as part of my civil duty. I have been summond for jury duty and must report at 8:30am. Jury duty is a no excuse kind of duty... sick or not.
I'm hoping tomorrow finds me a bit better. Hopefully not coughing and sputtering to much. Maybe if I'm too obnoxious, I will be dismissed. I quess we'll see how that all pans out !
Tomorrow night also is our last night of dance lessons before we go into the next advanced session. I WILL feel good enough to go....yes i will. If nothing else it will be good for me to get out and move a bit.

Last but not least I want to give a SHOUT OUT to my Friend Cheri who is celebrating a special birthday today. Hope you're enjoying your day :)

3 comments:

  1. I've had a wonderful day ...and weekend--thanks for the shout-out!

    Hope you feel better tomorrow friend...so you can dance, go out to dinner....and just because I want you to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start to feel better soon! I don't like you having to cough and sleep in the chair! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:47 AM

    are you on the jury for that murder trial?

    ReplyDelete