A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gavin's big day

Open house weekend...

What a beautiful Saturday morning we had for Gavins Graduation open house. The weather cooperated, alot of people who love Gavin came to wish him well and we got to see lots of friends and family. The only downfall is feeling like we didnt get to visit with people like we would have liked to . Several times during the morning the house was full, the deck was at capacity and more were coming up the stairs, It was wonderful. Thanks to all of you who came to see Gavin.


I'm posting just a few pictures, dont want to bore you all with too many.
The display in the living room. It was fun going down memory lane, going through Gavin's "school box" and finding papers, and stories from elementary school.





There's that scrapbook I've been slaving over for the last couple of weeks. Gavin seemed to like it and I spotted him going back to it several times during the party. I got a good start on it and will finish it this summer when we go up north.



Two of Gavin's buddies, Jay & AJ


Cousin megan came down from the cities

My Nephew Jamey also came along with his new puppy, Major Briggs. Brianna got to have a turn holding him.


Baby Audrey hanging out with Gavin

Gavin's friends. They're a great bunch of guys!



Rick's Aunt & Uncle holding Audrey (JoAnne & Wayne)



Yay for neighbors!!! The Dietzman's, Beich's and Mulvihills



The food




The kitchen helpers, Gavins auntie Julie and Susan. I didn't have to worry about a thing they had it all under control...thanks guys.
~
I also want to give a "shout out" to my mom who cut-up endless amounts of fruit and showed up early to help get thing started in the kitchen....Thanks mom you're the best.
*

My sweet daughter helped with the final clean-up, and by 2:00 we were sitting in the livingroom(feet up), kind of amazed that it was all over.
Now it'll probably hit me that my baby Graduated. sigh!

6 comments:

  1. It was a fun day. Congrats again Gavin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job girl! It was good to be at your house again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything was great. I recommend having cream puffs more often. mmmmm.

    Congrats to your family! You raised them all well! Love you AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Jackie! A beautiful day and a beautiful open house. No tears now...he's not leaving the nest quite yet. You'll be ready when he does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so fun! No prob on the clean up, I like cleaning up other people's houses :) I love those cream puffs too, they're addicting.

    ReplyDelete