A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's really gonna happen...eep

We're trying to decide on a wood laminate for the kitchen dining area. We really liked this one in the store so we bought one bundle and
layed some of it down to see if we like it .
Rick likes the idea of alot of contrast (light/dark) between the cabinet stain and the floor stain. I think it's light enough....Rick's not sure?



WHAT DO YOU THINK? (be honest) I know it's a small area but you get the idea.
P.S. Try to ignore the mauve counter top... It will be replaced soon. Just so you know it was a HOT color in the late 80's....very popular.

8 comments:

  1. wow, that is gonna look so good. well I don't know much about wood colors, but it looks good to me! I can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: I think mauve is still HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me. gopherit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christoph9:45 AM

    because mauve is still hot, I think you should just do the whole kitchen in that color, why not? Nah, it looks good to me dogg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like enough contrast. Lighter is better...shows less crumbs.

    I think you should paint the cabinets too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. you are out of paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might want to think about a floor with a light range of colors to draw from the cabinets and bring it together instead of such a contrast. Just my opinion of course but maybe one to consider. Good luck! I love wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it looks good. i don't know anything about colors and whatnot...mom has a point, but i like what i see...

    ReplyDelete