A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Six random pics with thoughts to go along with them

I have a few pictures in my "pile"
that I would love to post.
Each picture by itself wouldnt be enough to blog about so I just have a few random pictures with a few random words to say about each...
~~~
I had never heard of these, but apparently they are very popular.
Pardon my simple palate.
My Cuzzin Holly whipped up these tasty little morsels last week.
The basil is fresh from her garden.
Tomato's on the bottom, topped with Moz cheese, a basil leaf and drizzled with Balsamic vinegar(which has been "reduced down")
~~~

Fun with contrast....nottin' more than that
***

My new shoes. "Sketcher shape ups"
I have arthritis and a large spur in my big toe which prevents my toe from bending, hence making it difficult to walk without pain. I thought these shoe looked like a possible answer to my problem. With the "rocker action" they provide my toe doesnt really even have to bend. It's amazing... I wore them all day in Duluth and they definatley helped, I had no toe pain AND my heel didnt hurt :)
I plan on writing the company to inform them of this added benefit,
Maybe I will be their new "covergirl", ha
~~~
This BUG was on my family room carpet one evening in July. It's called a June bug...what the heck???
~~


Not just another pretty flower...
This is a hydranga that I planted 3 years ago, in my front garden.
It has always looked beautiful and healthy, but there was only one problem...
never bloomed!
Well, this year it has bloomed and I am a happy gardener.

Hope you enjoyed these very random pictures, and oh...I have one more :)




***


who knew being a grandma could be so..... delightful

6 comments:

  1. that bug makes me sick, blah. Thanks for playing with Audrey all day today, she's sleeping, but I'll have to ask her all about it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little girl. Pics and updates have been fun! Keep the updates coming! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Audrey! What a beautiful little girl! Lucky to have such doting parents and grandparents. Notice the times the girls commented? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my fav foods....the tomato, mozzerella, and balsamic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. weird!!! 12 hours and 10 minutes apart! hehehe...we ARE cuzzins!

    ReplyDelete