A mix of photography, recipes, personal thoughts, faith, and lots of family stuff, but not necessarily in that order.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

New door...then floor...then countertops... etc

It has begun....

The remodeling project is in motion...
~~~
At some point along the way (in the last 22 yrs) the caulking gave way, and the seal was broken under the patio door. Rotting took place before we knew it was happening.

My handy dandy husband (who can do about anything) has started the process today of removing the old door so he can start replacing some of the floor that has rotted.
In order to replace the old floor a guy has to pull up the old flooring...

There's no turning back now... It has begun.

As soon as all this prep work is done we have the new door here, ready to be put in. As soon as thats done, my handy dandy husband will install
our new wood laminate flooring.
EEP, cant wait.
Then the "snowballing effect" begins... new countertops and new carpet to follow. Oh it's gonna be so nice. Did I mention new paint on the walls?
It's off to Home Depot to pick out some colors.
I'll keep you all posted.

7 comments:

  1. Just saw your blog on Facebook. And, oh, I love home renovation projects...can't wait to see the results when you post them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kitty6:15 PM

    Isn't it great to have a husband that can do just about anything? I love it too! My Dad isn't like that...more like 'call the guy/pay the guy.' He's a great Dad, just not handy. I remember when he was trying to fix something in the kitchen. My brother found the phone book & my Dad asked what he was doing. Jim said "Looking for the number of the plumber we're going to need in about an hour!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Rick needs help call me. I'm a handy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird! I'm gonna miss the linoleum....it's a part of my childhood, ahah. Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and have fun! It's always great to have a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are getting to this! You will love your new look! Enjoy the process the best you can!

    ReplyDelete